Guide to Check Train Running Status (Live Train Status) Online Through Indian Railway Enquiry Portal :
While traveling by train it is important to know the status of the train you are going to board- whether it is on time and what is its current location? All of these can be found out via the Indian Railways online portal by following the below mentioned steps –
Steps to follow to check Train Running Status via the Indian Railway Enquiry Portal
- Log on to the following website – http://enquiry.indianrail.gov.in/ntes
- The next step is to prove to the site that you are a human. The site to verify that you are a human and not robot will ask you to enter text as displayed in the image and press the button titled ‘Verify’.
- After the captcha image has been verified successfully, a window will appear asking you to enter the train number. Enter your train number in the appropriate box.
- Post entering the number, the scheduled time table for the said train will appear in a new window. However, this schedule displayed will not be the live status of the train.
- In order to view live status of trains that are plying you need to click on the button titled ‘All Running Instances’ which is present on the right side of the page. Upon pressing the button, a list of running trains along with their time and date will be displayed.
- Further you can click on your desired train results for its enquiry. A window will appear with detailed information regarding the running train at each of its stops or stations.
- In some instances, the website might not function properly on certain mobile phone models. In that case, the 139 service can be availed. Dial *139# and locate your train and its details from the information appearing on the screen.
In certain cases when the information for the train number entered does not appear, it could be due to one of the following reasons –
- The train number entered is incorrect or invalid.
- The train has not yet departed from its source station.
- The date for the train bring queried, is wrong in the sense that the train might not be running on that day at all.
Thus, by using the Indian Railways online portal for running train status, one can procure information such as –
- Exact current location of the train
- Information of the last point or station from where the train just plyed or departed.
- A train’s delay information.
- Information on the arrival time expected by the train at the desired railway station.
- Likely departure time of the desired train from a certain railway station.
Care must be taken while filling out the Train Running Status form online to enter the correct information especially regarding the date for journey date.